Registration now open! Register now to lock in a spot at the conference.
The 2020 International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Annual Conference will be held in Boston June 1-4, 2020, and will be hosted jointly by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
This event is intended for a wide range of participants and interested parties, including digital image repository managers, content curators, software developers, scholars, and administrators at libraries, museums, cultural heritage institutions, software firms, and other organizations working with digital images and audio/visual materials.
The IIIF Showcase is meant to introduce newcomers to IIIF, and those seeking to learn how IIIF is used in a variety of contexts.
The IIIF Workshops offer more in-depth opportunities to learn about IIIF tools and platforms.
The IIIF Conference features plenary presentations and breakout sessions about IIIF implementations around the world, including cutting edge use cases and demonstrations.
All event proceedings will be in English.
- Registration: Registration is now available!
- Dates: June 1-4, 2020
- Locations: Boston, MA (See map below for venue locations and more)
- IIIF Showcase, June 1: MIT Campus, Ray and Maria Stata Center
- Workshops and Conference, June 2-4: Harvard Campus, various locations
- Cost: $340 general ticket, $220 Consortium members ticket, $100 student/discount ticket
- Capacity: Approximately 300
- Code of Conduct: The IIIF Code of Conduct applies
- Social Media: Tweets about the event should use #iiif or @iiif_io
Stay tuned to the IIIF-Discuss email list for announcements and updates.
- List of hotels and event locations
- Flights: The local planning team recommends that attendees traveling by air fly to Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Train: Take a train to Boston from many parts of the Eastern coast of the United States.
Call for Sponsors
The final program will continue to develop over the next few months but please see the outline below which gives an overview of the Boston IIIF Showcase and Conference. Note the Showcase will require a separate registration to the Conference.
|Time||Monday 1st June 2020||Tuesday 2nd June 2020||Wednesday 3rd June 2020||Thursday 4th June 2020|
|Morning||Workshops||Plenary lightning talks and parallel sessions||Parallel sessions|
|Afternoon||Showcase||Conference plenary including community updates and lightning talks||Parallel sessions||Closing lightning talks and panel sessions|
|Evening||Conference reception||IIIF Consortium members' reception|