The Program Committee is looking for proposals in the following forms:
- 1 to 2 hour regional meetings/showcases (this is a new option for 2021, further details on what these may entail here)
- 6 minute pre-recorded lightning talks
- 15 minute presentations (plus 5 additional minutes for questions)
- 1 to 1.5 hour open blocks (could be a panel session or series of presentations grouped around a theme)
We encourage showcasing developments in IIIF and are especially interested in developments in the following areas:
- Experiences implementing version 3.0 of the Image and Presentation APIs
- IIIF Audio/Visual use cases and implementations
- IIIF and STEM resources
- National efforts which include a IIIF component
- The IIIF implementation spectrum: large-scale or small-scale projects
- Interoperability in IIIF contexts and beyond
- Teaching and learning examples and best practices using IIIF resources
- Implementations of IIIF outside of North America/Europe
- Annotation, including full-text or academic use cases
- Discovering IIIF resources
- IIIF communities (3D, archives, museums, etc.)
- Linked Open “Usable” Data (LOUD) and IIIF
- Using IIIF material for Machine Learning and AI
Requirements and review process
For those proposing panels during the 1 to 1.5 hour open blocks, only proposals with a diverse set of panelists will be considered, with representation along many possible dimensions, including but not limited to race and ethnicity, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, and socio-economic status. Similarly, representation from a variety of geographic regions or institution type/size will be prioritized.
All submitted proposals will be peer-reviewed and considered for inclusion in the conference schedule by a volunteer program committee.
If you are interested in arranging a panel or thematic group of presentations, you may use this Google Sheet to share potential topics with others and identify collaborators: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kb3DTJTLpr5Qc1uxnw_gP1f6cRzZ_i7PrZmJ1UYI5Ew/edit?usp=sharing
Please submit an abstract of no longer than 500 words for your presentation or discussion by April 2 using this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf5LTL4HTPtqOHYUHGhG-DaVK5I0FntcUQc9IQg-HSCewdRlQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Final versions of the accepted abstracts and presentations will be made openly available after the conference.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
The 2021 Program Committee